Summer Toys Your Kids Will Go Gaga For and a Crayola Giveaway!
Congrats to our winner Lizzy!
No matter what time of the day or night, if I approached my kids with some glue, scissors, construction paper and said, “Kids let’s get to work making something,” they’d drop whatever they were doing and get busy.
It boggles my mind that crafting is such a hit with my kids. According to my son, it’s more exhilarating than drinking five juice boxes and, says my daughter, even better than getting a manicure.
Shocked as I am about the power of Mr. Elmer and his sidekick Sharpie marker and scissors over my children, I think the crafts themselves are secondary to the real draw here — which we parents know is the time spent together. That undivided attention and sense that we are present for our kids, sans technology and other distractions, putting our kids above every other demand on our to-do list is more precious to our kids then we realize.
Getting in a little one-on-one quality time with our kids — especially since we know that once they get older, the notion of sitting with their parents cutting and pasting will hold little to no appeal for them — is precious and fleeting.
If you agree, keep reading for some fabulous summer toys your kids will go gaga for ( in other words these toys will at least an hour where I wouldn’t hear those words that sound like fingernails on a chalk board “Mommy I’m bored”).
Washable Sidewalk Chalk
· A standout from the crowd — it’s the first sidewalk chalk featuring 48 classic Crayola crayon colors!
· And that’s not all – the chalk is also bolder and more vibrant than ever
· The chalk carries Crayola’s color heritage through the fun of Crayola crayon color names, allowing kids to create beautiful masterpieces using colors such as “carnation pink,” “sepia,” or “granny smith apple”
· The chalk is also perfect for outdoor games like hopscotch or ring toss
· A new anti-roll shape prevents chalk from rolling away and the wide sides allow kids to draw thick lines
· Moms will appreciate that the chalk is washable from sidewalks and driveways – simply spray away with water!
· Available in 12-ct, 16-ct, 24-ct and 48-ct varieties.
· Recommended Age: 4 +
· SRP: $1.99-$4.99
Outdoor Colored Bubbles Big Wand
· For the first time, kids can have BIG fun by creating giant-sized bubbles in bright, beautiful colors!
· Crayola’s wildly popular next generation of outdoor colored bubbles, introduced last year, let kids enjoy hours of bubble-blowing fun in a whole new way
· Only Crayola could turn traditional soapy bubbles into brightly colored ones with names like “purple pizzazz” and “fuchsia,” allowing kids to enjoy messy fun that is designed to clean up
· Angled wand design maximizes use of the bubble solution so kids can enjoy hours of bubble-blowing fun
· Crayola outdoor colored bubbles are not your ordinary clear soapy bubbles. Because they are colorful, they will leave temporary colorful marks on skin, clothing and intended outdoor surfaces. Color rubs off skin, can be laundered from clothing and will spray away from intended outdoor surfaces.
· Includes: Single 6.5 oz. bottle with wand or a two pack which includes two different colored 6.5 oz bottles with wand
· Recommended Age: 5+
· SRP: $4.99/one pack and $7.99/two pack
Color Wonder Glitter Coloring Pad
· As parents embark on road trips this summer, Crayola introduces the Color Wonder Glitter Coloring Pad, a mess-free glitter coloring book
• Kids can create dazzling, sparkly masterpieces with their favorite Disney Princesses
· Glitter effects are in the paper and will never come off on kids’ hands, clothes or Moms’ furniture
· With Crayola’s Color Wonder system, parents can rest easy since the mess-free Color Wonder markers will only appear on the special Color Wonder paper – not on skin, clothing, walls or furniture
• Includes: 12 pages of Glitter Paper featuring your favorite Disney Princesses, 5 Color Wonder Markers and a box for storage
• Recommended Age: 3 +
• SRP: $9.99
More hands-on outdoor fun:
Kids will go gaga for the latest rockets and air-powered launchers from Zing! Whether kids are blasting targets or shooting into the sky, Zing has the perfect product for those seeking active and high-performance play patterns.
The Air Huntress Z-Curve Bow this offers a safe, realistic introduction to the sport of archery with a “parent-approved” bow and arrow for both indoor and outdoor use.
A Sky Ripperz 3-pack – These supersonic bungee-launched rockets send whistle-screaming soft-foam ammo soaring up to 250 feet with just a flick of the wrist! Their action-packed rockets are a “must-have” for any backyard party, trip to the beach, or road trip with the family on vacation.
Best known for active, high-performance products that gets kids off the couch and away from digital distractions, Zing prides itself on creating kid-powered, calorie-operated toys (meaning no batteries or recharging) ideal for indoors, outdoors and traveling on trips and vacations. See if you can spot their bestselling Z-Curve Bow in this Kindle Fire commercial!
And of course who could resist anything related to Nickelodeon and SpongeBob!
Fisher-Price Umizoomi: Umicity Treehouse Based on the Nick junior show team umizoomi
Help Milli find patterns throughout the Tree house as she makes her way to rescue the baby chicks stuck on the rooftop. Hotspot actions include lowering the ladder, dropping the baby chicks into their nest and revealing apples on the tree to feed the baby chicks. Includes Tree house play set, Milli figure, wagon, next and baby chick play pieces.
Kids can get in the bath or take these toys in the pool-The Bubble Guppies and Team Umizoomi are ready to play with brand their The fin-tastical new lines which include Bubble Guppies musical instruments, Team Umizoomi bathtub toys and playsets.
Sing along with the Bubble Guppies! This microphone features voice amplification, underwater bubble sounds, over 15 songs and phrases—and the Rockin’ Micro-fin™ tail flips back and forth! Includes 3 “AAA” batteries.
For even more fun Nickelodeon products shop them right here: http://shop.nick.com
And guess what! We are giving away all three of the Crayola products to one lucky winner! For a chance to win leave a comment here with you kids Favorite Summer toy!For a second entry you can Follow @MelissaSChapman on Twitter and Retweet this giveaway! For a Third entry you can Like The Staten Island family on facebook! For a fourth entry you can follow MelissaSChapmanwriter on Instagram and for a fifth entry you can follow @MelissaSchapman on Pinterest Good luck! Giveaway ends July 1st!