Ready to make your own baby food? Check out these Tips to Baby Food Made Easy and Must Have Baby Feeding Gear! Thanks to Kidsme Baby for sponsoring this post!
of course you need great baby gear to help in the feeding process! And while my kids may not need any help feeding themselves I have a few nieces and nephews who do and these two products I'm about to share with you from Kidsme Baby are going to changing feeding time at your house with the littles for the better!
Let's begin the food adventure!
First up- KidsMe Baby Food Feeder!KidsMe Baby Food Feeder! It is perfect for introducing solids, proactive feeding and reduces the risk of choking!
When it comes to feeding your little boys and girls, some parents would often opt for spoon-feeding them rather than letting them dive right in to avoid the mess.
But let's face it, teaching babies to self-feed is an important part of their development – it lets them experience new sensations including different textures and temperatures, helps develop important skills such as using the fingers and hands for complex movements, builds feelings of independence and confidence for children and it helps them understand their own feelings of hunger and fullness.
- Their baby mesh food feeder is made from BPA-free silicone, that doesn’t stain or mold.This innovative and safe baby feeding pacifier has a large sac that protects your little one from choking.
- Large Capacity & Dual Storage- Their baby binkies feeders have a larger capacity than other ones.you never have to worry about running out of fruit! The dual-storage capacity of our fruit pacifier feeder makes it easier than ever before.
- Leak-proof DesignThe silicone teether feeder is designed to keep food in and messes out. The baby feeder comes with a tight protective cap, so you won’t have to worry about spilling anything while feeding the little one!
- Strong & Durable Construction This teething relief feeder is designed with a 360-degree rotation Tri-Fold silicon sac,which allows it to be strong and durable.Your little one can't break or tear these teething toys for babies, no matter how hard they try!
- Strengthen Teeth and Gums Our baby teethers feeders are specially designed with double-layer uneven textured sac,to soothe sore gums and relieve teething pain,which will also help develop and strengthen the baby’s mouth muscles!
Next up- The Kidsme Baby Food suction bowl 🍲 features a locked in heat sensitive spoon that detects the safe temperature of food and of course the strong suction that makes feeding time a non slip non flip experience!
No Tip, No Mess!
Mealtime can be a big mess for toddlers. And while you're down on the floor cleaning up, you can't help but wonder if there's a way to cut back on this tedious clean-up process. Kidsme, as a baby feeding expert, company, provides you with a baby spoon and bowl set that lets your kids practice feeding themselves without you worrying about them tossing the baby food bowl.
Easy To Care & Store
No techniques, no tricks, all you need is these suction bowls for toddlers that features a locked-in Ideal Temperature Feeding Spoon. With handles sized for the little hands to grip, our kids' bowls and spoons for years have helped infants discover the fun art of eating independently.
Flying baby food during mealtime isn't fun! Our baby bowls with suction can stay attached to any dry or damp surfaces and can stuck firmly on countertops, tables, high chairs, and many other surfaces without the risk of your baby dislodge it
Ideal Temperature FEEDING SPOON
This heat-sensitive spoon has a color indicator that makes it easy to know when food is at a safe temperature – something you're missing on bamboo feeding spoons. The colored tip will turn pale if the food temperature is over 40°C.
Check out the link to grab these for your lil tyke
Keep reading for some of her tips to making baby food a seamless process and some yummy recipes!
Tips to Baby Food Made Easy
Once you start making baby food, tips and tricks will come naturally. Batch cooking is a sure fire way to save you time, energy and money. According to Ruth Yaron author of the Super Baby Food Cookbook, Super Baby Food, and Super Baby Food Pouch Recipes and Tips once you prepare a sweet potato puree, for example, but before you add any breast milk or formula, fill a stainless steel ice cube tray with your puree leftovers.
Each “cube” is now a serving size, or even half a serving size for your baby for the next feeding time. Once cubes are frozen, transfer them to wax paper lined plastic bags and mark the date on the outside of bag. Mixing and matching foods will become old hat. You will be an expert in no time.
Luckily, when you start to feed baby solid food, he will still be drinking breast milk and formula. This means that you can start very slowly and without frustration at the amount baby eats. Easy does it at first.
2. Preparing your own homemade batch of baby porridge or cereal is easier that you think
You will need a blender, organic brown rice or oats, water, a whisker & a pot. Simply grind the grains in your blender and sprinkle into boiling water. Whisk until cooked. Cool and adjust consistency with breast milk or formula. That is it. You are making your own nutritionally superior baby food!
3. Two of the best and easiest baby foods are also the most nutritious.
Banana and ripe avocado…these are two of the most nutritious foods there are and they are perfect first foods for baby. You can fork mash and add some breast milk or formula or simply pop either into the blender to puree. Presto! You are a baby food maker!
4. Do not forget the sweet potato
Sweet Potato is another of nature’s extremely nutritious foods. To make baby food from sweet potato, you will have to peel and steam the sweet potato until soft and then puree in your blender. Add breast milk or formula to the pureed sweet potato.
Recipe for Single Grain Super Porridge
¼ cup brown rice (organic, if possible)
1 cup water
1. Measure 1 cup of water and place into a pot on the stove to boil.
2. Pour rice into your blender. Grind well, for about 2 minutes. (It’s going to be very loud, but it’s important to let the blender grind the rice down.) If you have a coffee grinder, you may find it works better than a blender. Do not use a food processor, as it does not grind grains well.
3. When the water starts to boil on the stove, turn the heat down to the lowest setting.
4. Sprinkle the ground rice into the water while stirring briskly with a wire whisk.
5. Cover the pot and simmer on low heat for about 10 minutes.
6. Whisk frequently to prevent scorching and to remove lumps.
7. Let cool.
8. Adjust the consistency with some breast milk or formula.
Puréed Cooked Carrots
1. Select small to medium sized carrots that are firm.
2. Wash thoroughly and peel.
3. Cut off and discard the ends.
4. Cut into uniform pieces.
5. Steam pieces for 20 minutes or until tender, reserving the liquid.
6. Place pieces in blender with some reserved liquid. Purée away!