This post is sponsored by BabbleBoxx.com on behalf of Turtle Beach
I am already counting down the days till Thanksgiving vacation only because it means I will get to hang with my kids sans ALL THE school work. Of course as my kids get older I’ve had to get creative about finding ways to connect with them hence this post 5 Reasons Why Gaming Gets My Mom Seal of Approval. Yes it is entirely true that my kids and I have majorly bonded over our love of MINECRAFT.
But don’t get the wrong idea –I wasn’t always the PC gamer I am today. But in an effort to find ways to interact with my kids (so that their childhood memories are not simply of a mom who only nagged and screamed at them) I started by sitting next to him and watching him become so absorbed in his mission to slay a proverbial dragon and seeing my son so engrossed in his game led me to want to be in that space with him where we could chat about his passions! So he let me played and we took turns for a few hours and when my 17 daughter came home she wanted to get in on the fun and joined us ( we are still holding out hope that my husband will finally get bit by the PC gaming bug!) .
The truth is we have officially become a gaming family and keep reading 5 Reasons Gaming Gets My Mom Seal of Approval !
5 Reasons Why Gaming Gets My Mom Seal of Approval
#1 The GAMING GEAR is INCREDIBLE!
Remember the olden days where you had to blast the video gaming PC experience because you couldn’t really hear it? AND FORGET ABOUT TRYING TO VERSE WITH ANOTHER PERSON- THE MIC JUST NEVER really WORKED! Those days are long gone thanks to theThe Turtle Beach® Elite Atlas which sets a new audio standard for PC gamers. As a hardcore PC gamer my son really loves the Elite Atlas and its ergonomic features and enhanced sound quality which he says and I quote ” takes my PC gaming to the next level!” Designed in collaboration with leading esports teams, including Astralis, OpTic Gaming, and the Houston Outlaws, Turtle Beach’s Atlas line features three different models, including the Elite Atlas Pro Performance PC Gaming Headset. Each Atlas headset offers PC gamers an innovative set of features, functionality and pricing, starting with the Elite Atlas with a MSRP of $99.95.
Here are just a few of the features the The Turtle Beach® Elite Atlas is equipped with:
- Durable headband that features a suspended pad so you can get comfortabele and focus on the TAKS AT HAND– THE VIDEO GAME!
- ProSpecs™ glasses friendly design aka ( you don’t have the usual discomfort headsets can often pose to eyeglass wearers!)Turtle Beach’s patented ProSpecs™ Glasses Relief System is built into the Elite Atlas’s earcups, featuring an easy adjustment to create a small channel in the ear cushion allowing gamers who wear glasses to finally play in comfort.
- Believe it or not upgraded magnetic memory foam ear cushions featuring athletic fabric and synthetic leather working together to block out external noise. We tested this feature and true to form these ear cushion BLOCK OUT ALL THE NOISE!)
• Over-ear speakers, created specifically for esports which deliver crisper sound with less distortion for a game changing audio experience. This Audio performance around the Elite Atlas’ pro-tuned 50mm Nanoclear™ technology which deliver immersive Windows Sonic for Headphones surround sound.
- And the most important feature for my son who loves to connect and game with others online- he says the removable high-sensitivity mic with TruSpeak™ technology delivers flawless communication between him and other players ( he said the sound quality was perfect- he loved that he could hear the game and communicate with the person he was playing against without any outside noise interference). Bottom line: Squad communication is crucial in esports. Points are won and matches lost with a single command, and the Elite Atlas’s crystal clear noise-cancelling microphone with TruSpeak™ Technology is there to ensure your voice is always heard loud and clear.
As a mom what I really love about the The Elite Atlas is that it is multi-functional — it includes 3.5mm and PC-splitter cables that connect to any PC setup aka it can work with a desktop or laptop and it basically goes wherever gaming takes you. And I cannot tell a lie It is GREAT for moms too. After the kids go to bed; I’ve been slipping on these The Turtle Beach® Elite Atlas head phones to brush up on the games my kids play so that you can impress them with your video game skills!
#2 Gaming can enhance creativity and improve critical thinking skills .
Not only do kids who play games have a better grasp of technology, but gaming can also help kids refine their hand eye coordination as players have to move at a great speed along with the characters of the game. And since most games inspire players to strive and reach more difficult levels ( presenting challenges at each stage) these video games ultimately teach kids problem solving.
#3 Games are rated and there are plenty of parental controls at your disposal!
As a concerned parent I am glad that games are all rated by the ESRB (Entertainment Software Review Board) so I can feel confident in the content my kids are playing with. I try to keep the kids away from the most violent and sexual content so I love that I cam use the ESRB’s free mobile app to look Search by title, platform, rating or content and read a game’s Rating Summary, when deciding which are age and content appropriate for your child.
#4 Gaming equals Giving our kids an outlet to reduce and learn how to manage their stress levels.
Let’s face it our kids are growing up in a world that is very different than the one we knew as children. They are facing social pressures at a much younger age and many feel overwhelmed and stressed out. The great thing about gaming is that it has been proven to reduce mental Stress. Believe it or not most games reward players for being able to manage their emotions and work toward solutions in the face of stress and out kids often use these same skills for coping in real life situations ( without even realizing it!)
#5 Gaming is actually GOOD for your brain.
As a mom I am constantly looking for ways to help my kids sharpen their skills. And reading that gaming Improves the brain’s speed is enough to make me a gaming advocate. According to this article “While gaming, the brain receives multiple stimulations, both Visual and audial. According to research, individuals who play video games frequently can process these stimulators faster than others. These stimulators ensure that the brain is continuously working to interpret them.”
So are you ready to make gaming a part of your family experience?