With summer season kicking off this weekend- I'm already thinking about ways to stay cool. Frizziness and dryness are among the hair issues that I know I'm constantly combating during these hot, humid days. Luckily, Butterfly Studio Salon stylist Jason J. Dougherty breaks down a super-chic, frizz-fighting braid that will take you from the office to happy hour, and will even withstand the long, sweaty commute all the way home!
Keep reading for Jason's step by step guide to the Quintessentially Chic Milkmaid Braid
The Office Look
This chic work look is a variation of the Milkmaid Braid. By placing the braids on the bottom, they sport a polished look that is ideal for any professional woman. Instead of bringing the braid to the crown, I took two very large sections of french braids and crossed them before pinning up. Add in some texture for softness and allow pieces to fall around the face for an ultra-effortless look. Jason J. Dougherty, Butterfly Studio Salon stylist
1. Comb the hair and work out all tangles.
2. Apply a light oil like Oribe Gold Lust Hair Oil and work through the ends.
3. Create a center part and bring it all the way down to the back. Divide hair in two sections.
4. Place a smoothing balm such as Shu Uemura's Touch of Gloss on the roots and work into the crown.
5. Comb hair nice and taught and begin a thick French Braid on one side of the head. Place elastic rubber band to hold ends. Repeat on other side.
6. Bring one braid up and anchor to head with bobby pins. Repeat on the other side.