We are and have always been an AVON family. In fact my kids have been subsisting on their SKIN SO SOFT Bug Guard Plus IR3535 ® SPF 30 Cool ‘n Fabulous Disappearing Color Lotion for the past several years. So when Avon asked if they could send me a goody bag- well it was hard to resist (you can watch my 11 year old introducing the items in this lil youtube haul below! )
But what kind of knocked my socks off was reading about fellow Staten Island mom and Avon Rep Laura Livingston…and how she's seemed to capture that perfect balance of career and motherhood via Avon. When I think of Avon– this is the vision I have dancing in my head…
But keep reading to find out more about Laura (who aint your mama's Avon lady!) She initially joined Avon purely to have access to Avon products when her local Avon Representative moved away. However, her love for Avon and the benefits of being an Avon Representative caused her to rapidly expand her business
She now manages a team of more than 80 Representatives whom she mentors and coaches, with an annual team revenue of over $135,000. With her Avon earnings, Laura has been able to pay off her mortgage and give her family extra cushion financially.
1. What drew you to Avon?
I was approached by a colleague who was resigning, and she presented the earnings opportunity to me. After hearing about the flexibility and unlimited earning potential, I just couldn't pass it up.
2. Which is your must-have AVON product as a woman
Glimmersticks because, I feel complete with eye makeup on.
3. Which is your must-have AVON product as a mom
Bug guard because it has dual benefits- it has SPF and it protects against mosquito's.
4. What are the top three reasons why women should consider working with Avon
Independence, Empowerment and Personal Growth.
5. Top five tips for balancing motherhood and career:
- Calendar management (always family & personal matters on your calendar first)
- Blocking out Avon time
- Incorporate business with family functions
- Partner with your family (sorting & packing products, label books, phones calls, deliveries)
- Be your own best customer and a walking testimonial
6. Staten Island– fav place to eat, play and be a mom
I love the Staten Island Children's Museum – they have an eatery, and it's a playful, yet educational environment. As a mom you can sit back in a relaxed atmosphere, play with your children and enjoy a nice picnic on their grounds.
7. The best piece of advice you've ever gotten
â€˜Never pass up an opportunity, always give it a shot!' and â€˜have fun!'
Want to learn more about how you can become an AVON LADY? check em out here
Disclosure: Avon provided me with samples of their products!