This is a sponsored post written on behalf of TracFone
During my attendance at an Afternoon of Empowerment with Dress for Success and TracFone I listened to these three vastly different women all of whom found themselves in need of support and were able to get their lives and careers back on track thanks to the incredibly magnanimous organization Dress to Success and its innovative partnership program with TracFone aptly titled Success is Calling there was a palpable positive energy I felt tangibly pulsating throughout the restaurant. What struck me most was the fact that this program is truly a stepping stone for any woman who finds herself in need of educational resources when it comes to beefing up her phone call interview etiquette! So just what is this Success is Calling program?
So just what is this Success is Calling program?
- TracFone®, one of America’s leading no-contract cellphone service providers, and Dress for Success® have teamed up for a second year to expand the Success is Calling™ program. TracFone® offers affordable phones from leading manufacturers, such as LG and Samsung, and airtime service plans starting as low as $19.99 for 90 days – an average cost of just $7 per month.* *Based on 90-day/60-minute/$19.99 airtime service plan. A month equals 30 days.
- Created by TracFone® and Dress for Success® in 2015, the Success is Calling™ program is designed to help women navigate the critical first step to employment – the phone interview.
- As a result of the Success is Calling™ program in 2015, the majority of the 300 graduates landed a job.
What I loved most about hearing from Simone Roberts, a Success is Calling and Going Places Network: Retail Education Advancing Leadership Graduate based out of Atlanta- was that her story- could be ANY OF OUR STORIES! This is her story:
“Thanks to the wonderful Success is Calling pilot by TracFone and the added value of the Going Places Network under the Dress for Success umbrella, I was blessed to receive professional, corporate-level career coaching and entrepreneurial mentorship … advice that higher level professionals pay to gain in order to advance in their careers—all at no cost to me.
Like most people in my local community, I was out of work for a long term and had to take a job outside of my field to pay my daily living expenses. During that time, I really got discouraged by the way the workforce had been shifting; it seemed so foreign to me and my creative skills were being stifled and stagnated. I no longer had faith in being a viable candidate for employment, especially in the design industry. I had lost hope in my skill set and really didn’t want to believe that I’d have to continue to take menial jobs outside of my field in order to survive.
Now I know, hands down, that is not true!! I have the right to make my own way and have full control of my career and destiny, despite what’s going on in the world! My success is attributed to the amazing programs that I participated in and the dedication and commitment of Dress for Success Atlanta. Thank you for giving me back a voice that I forgot I had! I regained my faith in the process and acquired a renewed confidence in my skills that I already had. But the best part is now I feel prepared to freely tackle my future and deliberately work towards fulfilling the plans that have been placed in my heart. I can finally live my passion and continue to dream!
Thanks to the SIC and GPN: REAL programs I was able to safely navigate the workforce and master telephone interviewing skills and in-person interviewing skills. Through participation in the mock interviews, I was able to identify my deficits and strengthen them. I firmly believe that SIC and GPN: REAL changed my life and positioned me to access greater opportunities. It also allowed me to understand that it is okay to reinvent yourself; you’ll probably discover that’s been you the whole time. I am now gainfully employed in my field and I can’t express enough how eternally grateful I am to Dress for Success Atlanta and the SIC and GPN: REAL programs.”
At this luncheon I had a chance to meet two other Success is calling program graduates and their accounts of how the program helped them to transform their careers and ultimately their lives was nothing short of inspirational. And the best part of this luncheon was that I learned that this year, TracFone® and Dress for Success® are proud to expand the Success is Calling™ program by offering it to twice as many women across the country, providing them with the knowledge and resources to help them thrive during the interview process.
- During the month of April, TracFone® will donate 20 percent of its handset sales at Walmart, up to $525,000, to Dress for Success® to help empower women to build successful careers.
- As part of the Success is Calling™ program, TracFone® is providing participants with a new smartphone and year of service to support them as they prepare to enter the workplace.
- For more information on Success is Calling™, interview tips and graduate testimonials, visit TFSuccessisCalling.com.
Stay tuned for my next post with #SuccessisCalling- I’ll be sharing some of my tried and true career advice and interview tips! So how can you get involved and help other women realize their full career potential? You can either Head to Walmart to purchase a TracFone device during the month of April, or you can provide job search and interview tips using the hashtag #SuccessisCalling.