Congrats to our winner Jesselyn A!
I could never have survived both of my children’s infancies without disposable diapers and I’d likely choose going to the movies over taking a hike in the forest. That being said I’ve also become incredibly anxious in light of all the recent natural disasters that, as a planet, we’ve been pummeled with on what feels like a weekly basis. And it’s getting harder to chalk up these earthquakes, tsunamis and even intense NYC snowstorms (or lack thereof) as nothing more than Mother Nature being fickle. In fact there are countless scientists who are suggesting this barrage of natural disasters are the consequences of global warming and such weather patterns will continue to wreak havoc on the earth we’re leaving to our children. Imagine leaving these children that we hold so dear, whose fragile psyches we painstakingly nurture and whose college tuitions we save for as soon as they’re safely out of the womb, with a world depleted of its natural resources.
BUTâ€¦this is a big but, right now we have a chance to keep global warming’s effects, at bay (maybe even reverse it). This Earth day, (as well as the other 364 days a year) even if you don’t consider yourself a crunchy-granola eating backpacker type- and believe me, neither do I- you’d be pleasantly surprised that you can indulge your PINTEREST Obsession and Help give back to this planet we call home!
In conjunction with upcoming Earth Day (April 22) and Arbor Day (April 26) commemorations, Murphy Oil Soap is stepping up their commitment to our planet and well it is a program worth sharing! According to the Arbor Day Foundation, replanting trees in natural areas is critical and the U.S. Forest Service claims more than a million acres of devastated forests are in need of replanting. In response, Murphy Oil Soap will donate $1 for every repin from its “Repin. Reforest” Pinterest page to The Arbor Day Foundation to help tree conservation in the U.S.*
Did you know that a single tree produces 260 pounds of oxygen per year? That means that two mature trees will provide a year’s supply of oxygen for a family of four for a year. Knowing that, imagine what an entire forest can do!
*No purchase required. Purchases will not increase donation amount. For every repin from the Murphy ® Oil Soap “Repin. Reforest” Pinterest ® page between April8, 2013 and June 30, 2013, Murphy ® Oil Soap will donate $1.00 (USD) to the Arbor Day Foundation, for a minimum donation of $50,000 and a maximum donation of $70,000. Pinterest ® is the Registered Trademark of Pinterest, Inc.
To kick off this new campaign, Murphy ® Oil Soap is donating $50,000 to the Arbor Day Foundation to help support forest restoration efforts. Furthermore, for each repin of an image from the Murphy ® Oil Soap Pinterest ® page between April 8 and June 30, 2013, the brand will donate $1.00 (USD), up to $20,000, to the Arbor Day Foundation to help plant trees in forests across the U.S., for a maximum donation of $70,000.
The Murphy ® Oil Soap Pinterest ® page features a variety of boards as a tribute to wood, including:
· Inspirational images of home and building interiors
· A collection of interesting wood pieces – from furniture to wooden toys – that showcases the beauty of new, old and repurposed wood
· Beautiful images of trees and inspirational quotes
And in honor of this new campaign we are Giving ONE Lucky reader all these goodies from www.MurphyOilSoap.com!
· Murphy ® Oil Soap cleaning solutions: Clean & Shine, Squirt & Mop, Original, and Clean & Dust.
· Western Red Cedar Small Square Planter: The Susquehanna Small Square Planter is quality constructed in the USA with rot-resistant Western Red Cedar harvested from sustainable forests. The planters tighten naturally when filled with dirt and water so no liner is needed.
· Scotch-Brite Greener Clean Natural Expanding Sponge: The Scotch-Brite ® Greener Clean Natural Expanding Sponge’s condensed size means less packaging, which equals less waste and storage space before use. It expands when wet to easily wipe away messes. Plus, its reusable, long lasting and biodegradable.
· If You Care Household Gloves: If You Care Household Gloves are made from Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) certified latex. Furthermore, the rubber tappers, who cut the bark to get the raw material flowing, have received a fair trade premium, and it is their decision how to spend their extra income.
· Kona Wood Coasters: Made of thick, durable Acacia wood, these contemporary coasters have rich stained finishes and a high lip to keep drinks in place.
· DIY Wood Trays: Decorate these unfinished wood trays any way you choose for unique gifts. Use a stencil to trace a picture and paint a meaningful phrase or use your own hand drawn designâ€¦there’s no limit to what you can do!
For a chance to win this fabulous prize poackage leave a comment here with ONE thing you are doing to go green in 2013! For a second entry you can Follow @MelissaSChapman on Twitter and Retweet this giveaway! For a Third entry you can Like Married My Sugar Daddy on Facebook ! For a fourth entry you can follow MelissaSChapmanwriter on Instagram!Good luck! Giveaway ends April 24th!