I am determined to marinate in moments and find EASY WAYS TO BOND WITH KIDS. To really look at my kids and be as fully present as I possibly can in their lives in this very moment. Hence this post 10 Easy Ways to Bond With kids.
I am determined to-for that block of time that I have them within my reach- savor the way my son scrunches up his nose when I ask him a question. I want to savor the way out of the blue after I ask my son if he wants a drink he says, “MOMMY I love that you are always thinking about me.” In that moment I want to allow myself to feel like I did something RIGHT as a parent- and most importantly I want to see my kids smile. So in the spirit of getting our kids to open up to us- via play rather than straight up conversation here are 10 Easy Ways to bond with kids!
10 Easy Ways to Bond With kids
#1 BAKE Together
This recipe for date bars is so good and an easy recipe for the kids to help prepare ( and they will love eating it too!) Keep Reading for the DELISH DEETS!)
3 cups of Dried dates
1 1/2 cups water
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup vegan margarine
1 3/4 cups all purpose and or whole wheat flour
1 1/2 cups quick cooking oats
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total servings 36
- In a 2-quart saucepan, cook filling ingredients ( chopped dates, water and sugar) over low heat for 10 minutes stirring constantly until thickened.
- Cool five minutes.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease bottom and sides of 13×9 pan with margarine.
- In a large bowl, stir brown sugar and margarine until well mixed.
- Stir in flour, oats, baking soda and salt until crumbly.
- Press half of the crumb mixture evenly in the bottom of the pan.
- Spread with the filling.
- Top with remaining crumb mixture, press lightly.
- Bake 25 to 30 inutes or until light brown.
- Cool 5 minites in pan on cooling rack.
- Cut into 6 rows by 6 while warm!
Check out step by step pictures of the baking process below
#2 Family Game Night Gather the entire family and choose one family friendly board and play for CANDY!!
#3.Balancing Act Find things to balance on your head, nose, toe, etc.
#4 Swim Indoors. Fill up a bathtub, slip into your swimsuits, and pretend you're at beach!
#5 Design a Fort. Build a fort with sheets and dining chairs.
#6 Best Costume Contest. Kids dress up in their parents' clothes and accessories.
#7 Get Your Disco On. Play an old '80s tune and pull out your craziest dance moves for the kids.
#8 Soprano Solo. Sing the menu for the evening in an operatic style.
#9 Hide-n-Seek. Play a daytime game in the house or at nighttime using flashlights.