Got a new pooch and overwhelmed by the mess? 6 tips to keep your cool! thanks to iRobot Roomba for sponsoring this post
I ADORE my furbabies Lazer and Ike in fact I just received a beautiful necklace and had their names engraved on two of the stones- because frankly I consider them to be my kids, albeit ones who are covered in fur, have four legs- and NEVER talk back .
Still, despite the fact that they rarely shed, they do leave a bit of doggie trail (okay my fur-son Lazer is a rescue from Louie’s Legacy and after eight years WE FINALLY have him sort of house trained- the operative word being SORT OF) And our five year old rescue puppy Ike- well he is A WORK IN PROGRESS.
So in case you need a few tips top keep your home clean I’m sharing the scoop on creating a pet-friendly environment, from combating pet hair to preparing for a new puppy at home.
Got a new pooch and overwhelmed by the mess? 6 tips to keep your cool!
#1 Stay calm when you are cleaning.
If you are stressed or frustrated when you go to pick up a cleaning tool, your dog can pick up on this negative energy and associate the cleaning tool with negativity. This can create instability and can result in problematic behaviors.
#2 If you feel yourself getting frustrated, take a step back and recharge for five minutes before starting, and reconsider your cleaning tools.
The iRobot Roomba 671 Wi-Fi Connected Robot Vacuum is A TOTAL GAMECHANGER when it comes to cleaning!!! Packed with performance, the Roomba 671 robot vacuum features a 3-Stage Cleaning System that loosens, lifts and suctions everything from small particles to large debris on carpets and hard floors. Intelligent sensors guide the robot throughout your home, navigating under and around furniture to help thoroughly clean your floors. With the added Dual-Mode Virtual Wall Barrier, you have greater control over where your robot cleans. Connect and schedule from anywhere. Use Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant voice commands to control cleaning.
Patented 3-Stage Cleaning System
- Loosens, lifts and suctions dirt, dust and hair from hard floors and carpet
- Dual Multi-Surface Brushes
- Specially designed Edge-Sweeping Brush
- Powerful vacuum suction
Dual Multi-Surface Brushes
- Instantly adjust and flex to stay in constant contact with carpets and hard floors
- Multi-Surface Brushes grab everything from small dust to large debris; the first brush loosens and lifts dirt, and the second brush pulls it in to be suctioned up
- Takes cleaning to the edge
- Sweeps debris from along wall edges and corners
Connect and schedule from anywhere
- Can schedule to clean up to 7 times per week
- Use Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant voice commands to control cleaning
- Use the iRobot HOME App to schedule and monitor cleaning sessions and watch maintenance videos
- Control from your smart phone
600 Series AeroVac filter
- Reduces infiltration of dust, pollen and other small particles
- Maintains Roomba’s cleaning performance
- Easy to access and replace
Full suite of sensors
- Intelligently navigates under and around objects and under furniture to help thoroughly clean floors
- At just 3.6″H, Roomba is designed to clean under beds, sofas, toe kicks and other hard-to-reach areas
Dirt Detect technology
- Dirt Detect sensors alert the Roomba to work harder on concentrated areas of dirt such as high-traffic zones of your home
Cliff Detect sensors
- Prevent the robot from falling down stairs or tumbling over drop-offs
Auto-adjust cleaning head
- Adapts its height to effectively clean carpets and hard floors
Always ready to clean
- Runs for up to 90 minutes before automatically docking and recharging
- Automatically returns to docking station to recharge when battery is low
Dual-Mode Virtual Wall Barrier
- Barrier gives you greater control over where your robot cleans
- Virtual Wall mode blocks openings of up to 10′, keeping your robot in the rooms you want cleaned and out of the ones you don’t
- Halo mode creates a 4′ diameter keep out zone around items you want to protect such as your pet’s food and water bowls
- Low battery indicator
- Quick and easy setup
- Compatible with all Roomba robot models
#3 Cleaning introduces new smells into the environment, and a dog’s sense of smell is its strongest sense. If your dog gets tense or upset when you clean, pay attention to the scents you are using. Try cleaning products that are available in a Lavender and Vanilla scent, which can be soothing to your dog.
#4 At my house, we have two dogs at any given time, and that can get messy!
We are constantly cleaning up pet hair or pet food. We keep our cleaning tools around at all times to pick up pet hair and food while trapping crumbs.
#5 When you first bring home a puppy, involve the entire family in the process! Even younger kids can participate in the various responsibilities by making sure there is fresh water in the dog’s bowl or accompanying a parent on the puppy’s walks.
#6 What about housebreaking. One important part of the process is cleaning up after your dog has an accident. If he’s peed in an area once, he’s more likely to pee there again because of the odor. The best thing to do is clean the area IMMEDIATELY for this eliminates both the mess and the smell.
So- do you have any tips to add?