Whether you and your family are partaking in the holidays or not, there’s no question that winter is the perfect time for those cherished family vacations! But when your working with multiple minds, picking a place to explore can become a little bit of a challenge. There’s a whole world to explore, after all!
If you’re in the same boat, you’ve come to the right place. Let’s take a look at some of the top travel destinations around the world and right here in the United States. Your perfect family winter expedition awaits!
There’s nothing quite like cozying up at home for the holidays, but once Christmas passes, it’s easy to get itching for a new adventure to ring in the new year. And the world has never been so accessible! Approximately 37% of families say vacationing makes them happy, and there’s truly no better way to experience happiness than by traveling the world together. Here are some of the top foreign travel destinations you and your family may want to consider this season.
- Stockholm, Sweden – Not only is this one of the most beautiful cities in the world, it’s one of the most affordable for families to explore. The average nightly rate for a four-star hotel is a very budget friendly $120. Not only that, but you’ll get a chance to see the Northern Lights and enjoy one of the 45 stadiums the nation has to offer if you’re a sports fan.
- Rome, Italy – For the history buff family, Rome is a must-see during the winter. So long as you don’t mind keeping the cold-weather attire with you, you’ll get to experience all of the beauty of the Roman Forum, the Colosseum, and so much more. And who doesn’t want to dine on fresh pasta in Rome?
- Berlin, Germany – If you thought New Year’s Eve in NYC was over the top, you’ve never experienced the holiday in Berlin. Not only is there a new event to experience every day, Berlin has a New Year celebration second to none! If your family is all about ringing in the new year in style, Berlin is the place to do it.
If you’d rather keep in in the U.S. for the winter, worry not. There are still countless beautiful places to visit right here at home! Get ready for some stateside beauty. Could one of these locations be your next family vacation destination? Let’s find out!
- Dover, Vermont – If you’re a lover of the snow and crisp winter air, Vermont is the place to be. There’s skiing, mountain views, and a thriving local community to immerse your family in during your stay. You may like it so much that you consider going in on a timeshare! There are 1,547 in the nation, so why not pick one in this beautiful state?
- Miami, Florida – Even though the snow can be a beautiful sight, there’s nothing quite like a warm escape every once in a while. For those of you who are already sick of the cold, Miami is the perfect stateside destination. Complete with excellent food, beautiful beaches, and endless activities, this warm getaway is sure to please everyone.
- Gatlinburg, Tennessee – There’s nothing wrong with a little bit of everything, which is exactly what Gatlinburg has to offer. A surprisingly festive winter getaway, this Tennessee destination truly offers everything to families who visit. Rich, southern culture, amazing food, and festive holiday displays are just a few of the many features you’ll probably enjoy if you choose to visit.
With all of these beautiful destinations (and many more!) available to you and your family, it can be tough to choose just one. But ultimately, where you go should revolve around how your family wants to shape their winter traveling experience. So hold a vote, plan an itinerary, and get to sight-seeing!