Think you can only enjoy sushi at a restaurant? Think again! You can Make your own Sushi at home following this easy recipe.
The best part about this Make your own Sushi recipe is that you can make it vegan and just add vegetables or you can choose to add fish!
To be honest you could add anything you want to these Make your own Sushi rolls and my guess is it would be delicious!
As long as you have the right tools -most importantly sticky rice and a bamboo mat -the sky is the limit when it comes to the Make your own Sushi creations you can whip up!
Keep reading for our tips to Make your own Sushi!
You can use any kind of rice (We use jasmine)
8 toasted nori seaweed sheets
FIRST MAKE YOUR STICKY RICE! Measure out 1 1/2 cups rice and cook it with 3 cups water. After it’s made you let it cool down and then you mix 2 tsp sugar, 3 tbsp canola oil and 2 tsp rice vinegar into the rice and then you let it sit unrefrigerated until you use it. Do not refrigerate the rice!
2. Slice up all the veggies that you willl be using to fill the roll
3. Place the seaweed sheet on the Bamboo mat
4. Cover the toasted nori seaweed sheet with sticky rice about an inch high
5. Add desired veggies/ protein to the rice as pictured.
6. Take the bamboo mat with the ingredients inside to roll the seaweed sheet until the rice and ingredients are completely covered and you have formed a long log.
We were able to create 8 sushi rolls and 2 sashimi pieces with this How to Make Sushi recipe!
The roll above is a veggie one! You can also add fish to your roll as seen in the pics below!
So do you think you are ready to Make your own Sushi?
It is a lot easier than you think as long as you have this recipe!
Looking for more healthy recipes? Here are a few of our faves!