My very finicky 12 year old son is not the best eater. In fact, if you met him, you might look at him and question my parenting prowess, as in, “perhaps I might need to call child protective services on you because your son looks a bit malnourished.” And while I can assure you we work over-time trying to get some meat on his bones- and yes we even tell his sister that, “No you can’t have a second slice of pie because that is the only pie your brother likes so he gets to eat the leftovers first.”
Of course she tells us we are playing favorites- but we tell her that it is our duty to get this kid to eat, and we need to be RUTHLESS in our approach… even if that means taking away food from her to give it to him. I always tell her she will get all the pie she wants once her brother starts to eat better so it behooves her to get on board and help us. Unfortunately this plan does not sit well with our 16 year old who just wants pie and is fine with living in the here and now. But I digress, the bottom line is- we will stop at nothing to get our boy to fill up on foods that are healthy and ones that he will actually not balk at and might even bite into.
Which brings me to today’s post! While August is coming to close- doesn’t mean summer is over! To celebrate sunny skies and beach vibes, and for all you parents (like me) who are attempting to get a bit more creative when it comes to getting that much needed Fruit and Fiber into your kid’s diet, check out my roundup of deliciously colorful recipes from Carrington Farms, Gaea, and Viki’s Granola that I’m sure even my picky eater will EAT!
- 1 slice bread
- 4 drops Chlorophyll
- 4 oz cream cheese or yogurt
- ½ tsp spirulina powder
- Carrington Farms Crispy Puffed Quinoa
- Toast your favorite, better-for-you bread.
- Combine 4 drops of chlorophyll with 4 oz of cream cheese or yogurt
- Combine ½ teaspoon spirulina powder with 4 oz of cream cheese or yogurt
- Spread cream cheese or thick plain yogurt on toast
- Sprinkle with Carrington Farms Crispy Puffed Quinoa
- Channel your inner mermaid and ENJOY!
- 6 ounces Yogurt (yogurt of choice)
- ¼ cup raspberries
- ½ cup Viki’s Granola Original
- Place 2 ounces of yogurt into a tall glass or mason jar.
- Pour a 1/3 of granola evenly on top of the yogurt.
- Place 2 ounces of yogurt on top of the granola.
- Add raspberries.
- Add remaining 2 ounces yogurt and granola on top.
- 1/3 cup frozen blueberries
1/2 cup frozen strawberries
1 cup kefir or probiotic yogurt drink of choice
1 Tbsp + 1/4 tsp Carrington Farms Chia Seeds
1/2 banana, sliced
1 dried fig, sliced
1 strawberry, sliced (or fruit of choice)
2. Pour into a small bowl and layer fruit and remaining chia seeds on top. Bring out your favorite spoon and enjoy this delicious smoothie bowl with probiotic benefits!
- 1 pound semi-sweet chocolate ice cream
- 2 3/4 tablespoon butter
- 4 tablespoon brown sugar
- 8 pears, peeled and cut in half, seeds removed
- Juice and zest of 1 orange
- Black peppercorns
So which recipe if your favorite?