One Pot Lasagna Soup 5 points per serving on Weight Watchers – A love story
When I met my husband in 1997, he was a CONFIRMED bachelor, with a stereotypical “pad” to match. Let’s put it this way, I knew from the outset this man was never going to be the type of guy who would be folding laundry or noticing the crumbs his feet crushed as he walked through a kitchen floor rife with them. The state of non-cleanliness of his apartment left much to be desired, but all of my obsessive tendencies towards sparkling clean surfaces, and rugs with nary a bare thread or hairball to be found on them, seemed to melt away when one evening (while we were still heavily in the courtship phase of our relationship) he invited me over for dinner.
I assumed we’d be chowing on our favorite Chinese takeout- but when I got there- he was busy in the kitchen- had all three burners on, was pouring, mixing and simmering. He handed me a glass of champagne and told me he wanted me to try the one dish he felt he could master… LASAGNA SOUP. And as a Weight Watchers Girl this has become a SIGNATURE Dish that I have added to my low-fat recipe repertoire because This One Pot Lasagna Soup 5 points per serving on Weight Watchers is SO GOOD!
I’m not sure if he realized it then- but that night, he had me at the words LASAGNA SOUP. The fact that he had gone shopping, and taken time out of his insanely busy career as a Nephrologist to cook me this bowl and the fact that he wanted to make me something that was a product of his heart-felt love for me- well I was smitten. And ever since that night this dish has been one of the mainstays in our marriage- something he’ll prepare at least once a month although now that we have kids the champagne sipping happens far less often than I’d like.
And without further ado my husband shares This One Pot Lasagna Soup 5 points per serving on Weight Watchers ! (which we refined thanks to tasty.co )
One Pot Lasagna Soup 5 points per serving on Weight Watchers
Prep: five – minutes
Cook Time: 33 minutes
THIS ENTIRE POT is SIX SERVINGS
Ingredients One Pot Lasagna Soup 5 points per serving on Weight Watchers THIS RECIPE is SIX SERVINGS
- 1 Tbsp olive oil 4 Points
- 2 Tbsp Hunts Tomato Paste 1 Points
- 6 cup(s)fat free reduced sodium vegetable broth 4 Points
- 1⁄3 cup(s)cooked lentils 0 Points
- 3 cup(s)fresh spinach 0 Points
- 3 medium clove(s)garlic clove(s) 0 Points
- 1 medium uncooked red onion(s) 0 Points
- 1 tsp dried oregano 0 Points
- 1 tsp dried basil 0 Points
- 8 oz uncooked lasagna noodles 23 Points
- 28 oz no salt added canned crushed tomatoes 0 Points
- In a large pot heat up the olive oil over a medium heat. As oil begins to shimmer add the onion and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the garlic, tomato paste, basil and oregano and cook for 2-3 more minutes.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, vegetable broth and lentils and bring to a boil. Increase heat to medium and cook for 10 minutes
- Break apart the lasagna noodles into two inch long pieces and add to the pot. Let the soup cook for another 10-15 minutes until pasta is al dente.
- Stir in spinach for less than one minute.
- ENJOY!! THIS ENTIRE POT is SIX SERVINGS