This weekend Pamper Yourself With a DIY Coconut Foot Scrub and DIY Peppermint Candy Cane Foot Scrub!
I cannot tell a lie, the bottoms of my feet are ones that Eddie Murphy’s character in Boomerang would look at and upon seeing would KICK ME OUT OF HIS BED. I need a hacksaw at this point to slough off all the dead skin! On a side note- I was also graced with a daughter who is all about getting pampered! The most ironic thing of all is that I have not encouraged any of this behavior it is strictly nature versus nurture.
And when she recently remarked that I have very old looking feet and asked me if she should buy me some moisturizer I realized the best thing I could do as a mother and as a woman who wants to keep her feet looking youthful- was to set up a spa day for myself.
So if you are suffering from dry feet, or you’re feeling the burn from your fave pair of party heels and all that running around there is nothing a DIY at-home foot scrub can’t fix.
This at-home Peppermint Candy Cane Foot Scrub and DIY Coconut Foot Scrub will help you De-stress and unwind in just a few simple steps and give your feet a rest !
Pamper Yourself With a DIY Coconut Foot Scrub and DIY Peppermint Candy Cane Foot Scrub
Peppermint Candy Cane Foot Scrub
- Warm up ½ cup of coconut oil and pour into a small bowl
- Crush up 3 regular-sized candy canes as finely as possible
- Whisk crushed-up candy canes together with 1 cup of granulated sugar until completely combined
- Mix sugar blend into bowl, making sure to break apart any chunks or pieces with your spoon
- Add in 5-6 drops of peppermint essential oil
- Take 2 tbsp fresh peppermint tea leaves and stir in to the mixture until fully blended
- Work the scrub into your feet and heels for 10 minutes, removing dead skin and smoothing out skin
- Enjoy the refreshing aroma while refreshing and reviving your tired toes in no time!
Recipe for the Ultimate Hydrating Coconut Scrub
- Begin by muddling a few fresh mint leaves in an empty jar to release their natural essential oils. This will help you relax while providing hydration.
- Warm up some coconut oil and pour into the jar until it is halfway full.
- Add 2 tablespoons of honey and mix in 1 tablespoon of sugar until the sugar is completely immersed in the oil mixture.
- Take a couple spoonfuls of the scrub and work into your legs and feet to fully exfoliate, sloughing away dead skin and smoothing out calluses, cracked heels and rough spots.
- The coconut oil will provide a great amount of moisture, leaving skin feeling smooth and supple.
- Also, be sure to rub on toe nail beds and in between toes to prevent nail infections and fungus (as coconut oil contains anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties).
- Repeat 1-2 times per week for a moisturizing and revitalizing at-home spa treatment.