I’m not sure exactly when it happened. All I know is that one night I took a bite of a piece of my son’s Hershey Bar and I seriously Thought I was going to DIE. I experienced such a sharp and shooting pain in the tooth in which I took that very bite of chocolate I feared the WORST: ROOT CANAL. I had to have had a long dormant decay that was resuscitated by the sweet sensation. And so I went to the dentist. And about $300 worth of X-rays later, as I sat in his chair with that lovely dental bib draped around my neck cringing in anticipation of that novocaine needle I knew was just seconds away from being injected into my gums- my dentist walked into the room and said,
“Good news Melissa, you have no cavities- but you do have very sensitive teeth and gum recession.”
What did the dentist prescribe? A specially formulated Sensitive toothpaste and instructions to brush less vigorously. This is all good and fine except that my sensitivity to sweets, aka any time I eat just a morsel of chocolate, sends me through the roof with the most jarring pain so much so that I have had relegate myself to staying away from any kind of sweets lest I want to feel like a needle is being driven right into the heart of my tooth’s nerve ending.
I honestly thought all hope to ever be able to live without the pain of sensitive teeth was lost- until I had the distinct pleasure of being part of a groundbreaking event which unveiled Crest Sensi-Stop Strips, the newest product innovation from Crest is designed to relieve tooth sensitivity like never before. Crest Sensi-Stop Strips use the same ingredient as some professional treatments delivered through a strip technology to provide targeted, immediate and long-lasting relief. Check out this fantastic video of the event ( and my small role in it) from The Mama Maven!
So just what are Crest Sensi-Stop Strips and how will they help you? Keep reading!
Crest ® Sensi-Stopâ„¢ Strips are thin, flexible strips that contain an active ingredient used by dental professionals. Unlike toothpaste, Crest ® Sensi-Stopâ„¢ Strips are applied directly to sensitive areas, providing targeted delivery of the key ingredient that allows for longer contact time on the surface of the tooth. Within minutes, strips build a lasting barrier that helps stop sensitivity pain by blocking tubules, relieving symptoms of dental sensitivity for up to 30 days*. And you know what will REALLY IMPRESS YOU?
So what are the benefits? There are many:
In addition to having a product you can rely on to keep your tooth sensitivity at bay,
1.Ensure you’re using a soft bristle toothbrush – preferably a power brush.
2. Choose sugarless gum or drink water after eating.
3. Drinking acidic beverages through a straw can help decrease the exposure
of acid content to your teeth.
4. There’s now an over-the-counter treatment that is a first of its kind. New Crest Sensi-Stop Strips can be applied to your gum line wherever you are experiencing sensitivity. Use 1 strip, for 10 minutes for immediate relief and up to 1 month of protection.
5. Make sure you see your dentist two times a year for regular exams and cleanings.
6. If you are a teeth grinder at nighttime, speak with your dentist about having a night guard custom made for you.
7. Make sure you are brushing with perfect technique! Hold the toothbrush at a 45 degree angle and brush in a circular motion. Follow brushing with the use of floss. For more information on Crest Sensi-Stop Strips visit www.Crest.com.
Of course now that I’m using Crest Sensi-Stop Strips I’ll be able to indulge in some of the candies they offered like the ones below!