This is a sponsored post. Thank you for supporting Married My Sugar Daddy
On December 19, 2016 my husband and I celebrated 18, count em, 18 years of mostly marital bliss. I want to tell you that after 18 years I've finally learned the secret to staying successfully married and living happily ever after. But in doing so I'd be flat-out lying. I am still trying to win the same arguments with my husband we started having 18 years ago when we first wed–which is learning to live with his sports addiction.
My husband could happily subsist in a mud hut with one pair of jeans and a t-shirt as long as he had a transistor radio that could broadcast ANY AM sports talk radio station. The man lives and breathes sports and the minutiae of dissecting each and every play. Ladies let me say, I was always under the impression that men do not over-analyze any situation. And then I found out about this 24/7 sports culture where ALL these men do is talk, analyze and pontificate about each and every play, both past, present and future. And my husband, well, he LIVES for it.
Not sure if you too are a SPORTS WIDOW? Four Things Your Husband Does While Watching Football that Confirm You are a Sports Widow
#1 He turns on the football game as mood music (aka while you are about to get it on)
#2 He tells you “It's always a very important game”
#3 His it's only two minutes to go turns into a half hour EVERY SINGLE WEEKEND.
#4 When you his wife can detect Joe Torre's voice (from any other voice) on a voice-over commercial YOU KNOW you are a Sports widow.
So of course it's fair to ask, did I know my husband had this “addiction” when we met?The answer, yes and no. I think when you first meet someone you try and keep what might be construed as obsessive behaviors under wraps. So sure my husband occasionally listened to sports radio stations, but I had no idea that following our marital vows EACH and every night for the next 18 years I'd be listening to sports talk radio all night long. The things we do for love…right?
You might also think, after all these years of hearing sports figureheads rehashing games, plays, injuries and trends that I'd have a better grasp on the world of sports. Well, in that case you would be mightily misguided.
I still have not been able to figure out the whole first down system in football. I'm still trying to get the gist of a pick and roll in basketball and for the LIFE of me I can't understand why on earth anyone would put so much energy on a ball making contact with a bat. But I digress…
In an effort to strengthen our marital vows, this year my husband and I have decided to turn over new leaves, so to speak. My husband has promised that he will try to take more of a vested interest in programs that I'm passionate about and therefore I have told him I will do the same in kind, aka, and at the very least try to understand sports terminology.
So far I have tried to live up to my part of our bargain. My husband has drafted a cheat sheet for me, explaining in great detail, all these sports terms that have escaped me, he's even drawn diagrams.
And instead of reverting to our separate rooms as soon as I turn on the television he has sat with me on the couch as I've tried to share my fascination with pretty much every movie shown on the Lifetime Television network. In fact I think he is FINALLY beginning to understand why Meredith Baxter's portrayal of Betty Broderick is still one of the most riveting performances I've ever had the opportunity of watching. Okay, maybe he is not completely on board with my Betty Broderick obsession, but at least he's trying to understand it.
And when we are sitting in bed, instead of expending 99 percent of our pillow talk on the kids, bills, the dogs, bills, laundry, bills; well, you get the gist, we have been reviewing sports plays of the day and then watching a total chick flick TOGETHER.
We're taking those baby steps, one day at a time and it feels good having the tenor of the moment be just about the two of us fulfilling our needs, pursuing a shared interest or even just waxing about our hopes and dreams (you know, the way we used to, pre-kids, mortgage and lawn care).
And to show him JUST how much I appreciate him trying to love those things I like to watch I decided to go the extra mile and surprised him with Sports on Fios TV. It’s a game-changer. Your favorite sports, teams and game-defining moments in electrifying fiber optic picture quality. Get it on Fios TV!!
Get Sports Pass, now with NFL RedZone from NFL Network® and more sports channels, for the ultimate ticket to all the action – football, basketball, baseball, college sports, cricket and everything in between.
- NFL RedZone – See touchdowns from every game on Sunday afternoon. Hosted by NFL Network’s Scott Hanson. NFL RedZone from NFL Network keeps fans up-to-date in real time, switching from game to game with live look-ins to see the key plays as they happen in HD.
- Get a full lineup of NCAA collegiate sporting events from FOX College Sports with three distinct channels: FCS Pacific, FCS Central and FCS Atlantic.
- And there’s even Willow for Cricket Fans, TVG and TVG2 for horse racing fans and Pursuit for the outdoor sportsman.
Get the MLB EXTRA INNINGS(SM) package so you can keep up with your favorite teams and all the hits, home runs and stolen bases as they happen across the country.
- Follow your favorite teams and see how your rivals are stacking up with access to 80 out-of-market games a week, many of them available in pristine HD.
- Preview four games at a time on one screen with the Mosaic Channel.
- Take your pick and either watch or listen to the home or road telecast with dual feeds for select games.
- MLB.TV is included with your MLB Extra Innings(SM) subscription. Watch every out-of-market game LIVE or on demand on over 400 supported devices.
$129.00/ Half season
The MLB EXTRA INNINGSSM package will be automatically renewed each year, for the full season, at that season’s renewal rate. If you do not wish to be renewed for next season, you may opt out after your order completes by either calling 1.888.553.1555 or by visiting http://www.verizon.com/myverizon. The deadline for opting out is 10 days prior to the start of the next season.
Major League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with permission of MLB Advanced Media, Inc. Blackout and other restrictions apply. All rights reserved.
NBA LEAGUE PASS is a slam dunk with a season full of live hoop action. When court is in session, you’ll be front and center.
- Watch up to 40 out-of-market games every week, including select games in lifelike fiber optic HD.
- Don’t miss a thing all season with NBA League Wide—watch four games simultaneously with real-time scores, minutes remaining and channel information displayed on each screen.
- Take the action with you and catch games, highlights and stats wherever you go on all compatible devices.
NHL® CENTER ICE® lets you follow your favorite teams wherever they hit the ice so you can be there for all the hard-hitting saves, hat tricks, slap shots and game-winning goals.
- Slide into the action all week long with up to 40 out-of-market NHL games (select games in HD) delivered straight to your living room.
- Watch up to four games at a time on multiple screens that alternate viewing of the live games that are airing on NHL® CENTER ICE® at that time—only with the Mosaic Channel.
- Dual feeds of select games let you choose your home town announcers.
FOX Soccer Plus is your must-have premium network dedicated to bringing you the best international sports experience in high-definition. From exclusive soccer matches to thrilling rugby competitions, the action keeps on rolling.
- Watch the best soccer leagues in the world match off, including UEFA Champions League, UEFA Europa League, Bundesliga, CONCACAF Champions League, FA Cup and Scottish Premier League.
- Get ready to ruck and roll with this impressive lineup of matches from the National Rugby League, Stobart Super Rugby League, and Australian Rules Football.
- Get the action all season long from all 20 MLS teams—that's up to 236 regular-season matches.
- Tune into select playoff games, plus pre-game and post-game shows.
- With MLS Direct Kick Live, watch high definition quality streaming via computer or select devices. One subscription provides access on all devices.
Blackout restrictions apply. Programming is subject to change. MLS is a registered trademark of Major League Soccer. ©MLS 2016.
So what are you doing right now to reignite that spark that has been dormant in your marriage and was the catalyst for this family you hold so dear?