Thanks to No7 for partnering with me on this post The Glamour Girl’s Guide To DIY Skincare Beauty Tips On a Budget
For glam girls who want glowing skin while there are certain treatments that should only be performed in a medi-spa or in a dermatologist’s office, when money is tight, there are DIY ways to keep your skin in great condition.
And post holiday time is the quintessential time to set up some of these Easy at home DIY beauty treatments that will help you stay glam without having to make a dent in your already cash-strapped bank account (which is still reeling from all those holiday gifts!)
This is why I’m really excited to take the #no7skincare challenge!
I’ve always heard such great things about the no7usa line of beauty essentials 💄 and I’m ready to put them to the test! stay tuned for my thoughts on their RestoreAndRenew line of eye 👁 and neck creams 🧴 and boosting serums to visibly reduce wrinkles!
Multi Action Results Discover No7’s Restore & Renew Face & Neck Multi Action skincare range, designed to target the key visible signs of ageing on the face & neck in mature skin.
Whilst laughter lines are a sign of a life well lived, as we age, the exposed skin on both the face & neck becomes more fragile, less firm and has a more uneven texture. Their skincare system works to address these key visible signs of ageing to help deliver a visibly younger looking face & neck in 2 weeks.
Face: Skin feels firmer, wrinkles appear visibly reduced, skin tone looks more even.
Neck: Skin feels firmer, skin looks visibly smoother & less crepey.
Formulated No7, leaders in age-defying skincare. Made in United Kingdom 100% Satisfaction guaranteed with all Walgreens products or your money back.
For Best Results: After cleansing, smooth No7 Restore & Renew Face & Neck Multi Action Serum onto your face & neck.
In the morning, follow with No7 Restore & Renew Face & Neck Multi Action Day Cream.
At night, follow with No7 Restore & Renew Face & Neck Multi Action Night Cream.
(which are still a great product to help keep your skin fresh and dewey and within a budget for us glamour girls! )
And if you are looking more ways to get The Glamour Girl’s Guide To DIY Skincare Beauty Tips On a Budget Rachel Sharoff, a licensed aesthetician at Skintology Medi-Spa in Manhattan, shares her tried and true several Tips On a Budget !
The Glamour Girl’s Guide To DIY Skincare
GO AT HOME HIGH TECH
I recommend my acne clients buy a high frequency device to help keep their breakouts under control in between treatments. High frequency devices use argon gas to emit oxygen, killing the bacteria below the skin. Technology is now very safe and effective for home use with proper instruction. And they are also very inexpensive
Use petroleum jelly.
This common, inexpensive product has several uses for skin care including:
- Moisturizing rough, cracked feet, elbows, and hands; dry cuticles and lips; and peeling nails.
- Preventing chafing when running or biking.
- Protecting kids’ scrapes and bumps; and applying as a diaper ointment.
Consider dual-function products.
Examples include a moisturizer plus sunscreen and a lip balm with sunscreen.
Make your own moisturizing face mask WITH AT HOME FOOD
- 1/3 of a ripe medium banana
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon of whole milk
Heat the milk until it comes to a gentle boil and then remove from the heat. Allow the milk to cool until a skin forms on the surface. Skim the skin from the surface and combine with the banana, honey, and egg. Mix to form a smooth paste, and then apply it to your skin for 10 minutes, rinsing away with cool water.
Make your own moisturizing hair mask with supermarket food
- Avocado: avocado is one of nature’s greatest moisturizers, rich in vitamins such as E & B and nutrients. Its natural oils will give your hair the moisture it’s lacking. Use about half an avocado, mash it, use on it’s own or with other ingredients.
- Honey: honey is moisturizing and a humectant (has the ability to cling onto moisture) making it suitable for dry hair. Be aware that it also lightens the color of your hair (bleaching effect). Use as much as necessary (not too much or you’ll be left with sticky hair), can be mixed into other ingredients such as the avocado or banana. Apply to damp hair.
- Mayonnaise: sounds disgusting, but mayonnaise is made of eggs, vinegar and oil, all three of which have been used for many years to give volume, shine and hydration to hair. For dry and damaged hair it’s best used mixed with avocado, although it can be used alone.
- Olive oil: try to use extra virgin olive oil for best results, this has been used for centuries for hair and skin moisturizing as it is nourishing and strengthening, perfect for dry and damaged hair! Can be mixed in with other ingredients such as avocado or banana, OR to use on its own; work it through warm, damp hair as needed (not too much or risk not being able to rinse it) from roots to tips. Wrap either a warm towel or a plastic bag over your hair and leave for 20 minutes, then rinse.
Give yourself an at-home spa treatment
For simple in-home hydrotherapy, start out your day with a hot steamy shower and just as you are finishing switch the water to cold for about 15 seconds. Repeat the process for two minutes. This hydrotherapy technique will revitalize your skin and give it a glow by stimulating the flow of blood through the skin. (The approximate price of this treatment at a spa: $95!)
Use cotton pads or gauze, as opposed to cotton balls, with your toner. Cotton pads remove remaining dead skin, dirt and oil, and this better prepares your skin for your treatment serums. Using cotton pads or gauze also prevents excess product usage, thereby saving you money every time!
Get the most from your moisturizer
Apply it to damp skin as soon as you get out of the shower to lock in moisture. For your face, look for moisturizers that say “oil-free” or “non-comedogenic,” as these won’t clog your pores.