This Vegan Asian stir fry recipe is one that is easily prepared. According to Roseann, a mum of two young boys who shared it with me, she loves that it is quick, easy and nutritious meal!
According to her This Vegan Asian stir fry takes all of 15 mins from prep to on the plate! Keep reading for her ingredients and the directions to make this Vegan Asian stir fry!
Vegan Asian stir fry
For this recipe, you will need 1 white onion, 1 head of broccoli, 1 cup of mushrooms (any type you like, I prefer chestnut mushrooms) three cloves of garlic, 1 cup of sweetcorn, any vegan noodles of your choice and I also used a vegan sweet and sour sauce.
As an extra (If you like!) I have some Asian cupboard staples that I love and tend to add to all my Asian dishes such as 5 spice, miso paste, coconut aminos, mirin rice wine and tamari soy sauce.
- Firstly you will need to thinly slice your onions, mushrooms and broccoli.
- Then carefully press the garlic cloves with the side of your knife then chop it up into tiny pieces. (or use a garlic press!)
- Next take your Wok or frying pan and place it on the stove on a med-high heat adding two tablespoons of olive oil/coconut oil/sesame oil (any that you prefer) I prefer olive oil! Then throw in your veggies! Make sure to keep them moving on the heat for around 5 minutes.
- (This step is optional depending what you have in your pantry but I feel it adds a something special!) Once the vegetables begin to caramelise, go in with a teaspoon of miso paste and add some mirin keeping the heat fairly high and keeping them veggies moving for a further 2 mins.
- Add your sweetcorn and noodles, keep stirring for another minute.
- Add your choice of Asian sauce, in this case, sweet and sour.
- Continue to cook and stir for another 2 mins, then serve and enjoy!
Looking for more recipes like this Vegan Asian Stiry Fry? Here are a few of our faves!