It’s been a rough couple of years for us being a part of this club no one wants to be a member of. Since writing the POST I just linked to, without any warning, my mother passed away. With the passing of both of my parents, each at the tender age of 68, I’ve been made me acutely aware of taking advantage of every last one of life’s Big and small creature comforts. ( I count this Weight Watchers Fiber One Raisin Bran Muffins as one of those comforts).
I’m trying to be more cognizant of the blissful slow pace of a weekend morning. Doing my best to savor the sweetness of taking a bite of a syrup soaked flapjack, and of course the undeniable pleasure derived from a glass of wine and that oh so lovely after effect the wine buzz.
Oh yes and marinating in the pleasure of enjoying a guilt free Weight Watchers Bran muffin. Keep reading for all the delicious deets.
This recipe for Weight Watchers Fiber One Raisin Bran Muffins Serves: 12. Each muffin in three points on the weight watchers Freestyle plan
1 1⁄4cup (dry) Fiber One Original Bran Cereal 4 Points
1 1⁄2cup(s) plain unsweetened almond milk 1 Points
1⁄2 cup(s) raisins 12 Points
2 ozSmart Beat Super Light Margarine 3 Points
4 oz Stevia In the Raw Sweetener, Zero Calorie, Granulated 4 Points
1 1⁄4cup(s) all-purpose flour 16 Points
1 egg(s) 0 Points
3 tsp baking powder 0 Points
1⁄2 tsp vanilla extract 0 Points
1 tsp ground cinnamon 0 Points
5 sprays cooking spray 0 points
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F
- Place cereal in a resealable food storage plastic bag. Seal the bag. Roll over the ceral with a roling pin or a bottle or press the bottom of a small sauce pan to crush the cereal into fine crumbs.
- In a medium bowl stir the crushed ceral, almond milk, raisins and vanilla until well mixed. Let stand about five minutes or until cereal has softened. Beat in the light margarine and egg with a fork.
- In another bowl stir the flour, stevia, baking powder, cinnamon until well mixed. Stir flour mixture into ceral mixture just until flour is moistened (batter will be lumpy).
- spray muffin tins.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin tins divising batter evenly.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or untila toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Leave in pan about five minutes then remove from pan onto a cooling rack/plate.
Weight Watchers Fiber One Raisin Bran Muffins are three points per muffin.
It is sometimes a struggle for me to come up with delicious recipes like this one. To make things easier for me (and you) Below are some of my other favorite Weight Watchers FreeStyle Desserts!
- Weight Watchers Two Point Cinnamon Muffins
- Weight Watchers One Point Chocolate Chip Pecan Muffins
- Weight Watchers Chocolate Eclair cake